This consultation is designed to give you the skills and confidence to gently shape your child’s sleep habits and help guide them to easier and more restful nights. Regardless of your parenting choices and feeding methods, Shelley is sensitive to all parenting styles and will find a plan that works for you and your family.
Prior to the consult, you will complete a detailed history form and keep a log for four days. Those will be returned to Shelley at least 48 hours prior to your consultation.
During the 90 minute consultation (in home, or via Skype, FaceTime, or WebEx) we will cover the following:
• Child sleep basics (cues, normal child behaviour, temperament, establishing positive sleep associations, developmental changes etc…)
• Learn about what your child’s sleep needs are: both quality and quantity of sleep
• Calming techniques
• How to establish gentle, flexible routines now to shape healthy sleep habits
• Coping strategies for sleep deprived parents
• Creating a sleep friendly- sleep space (review current sleep space and make suggestions)
By the time we are finished you will have personalized information, skills, and feedback based on your unique needs as a family.
After the consultation you will have 2 follow ups (email or telephone or video chat) to use within the first two weeks. Additional time can be purchased if desired.