Start your new baby off with healthy sleep habits. Newborn sleep is misunderstood since newborn babies are not developmentally ready for formal sleep training, however it is not an all or nothing approach. There are loads of strategies that parents can use from the start to lay down a foundation to develop healthy sleep habits. Developing these healthy sleep habits from the start will eliminate the need to sleep coach/ sleep train later. Even if you do need assistance down the road, it’s much easier to implement with a good foundation.
Once your baby is born, you as a parent are on your own for the most part. Aside from friendly and perhaps not so friendly advice you may have received from well-meaning relatives and friends, you likely have little preparation for what to expect with regards to sleep in the newborn period. This consultation is designed to give you the skills and confidence to gently shape your newborn’s sleep habits from day one. Regardless of your parenting choices and feeding methods, Shelley is sensitive to all parenting styles and will find a plan that works for you and your family.
This 2 hour newborn sleep course covers:
• Infant sleep basics (cues, normal newborn behaviour, temperament, establishing positive sleep associations, developmental changes in the first year etc…)
• Learn about what your baby’s sleep needs are: both quality and quantity of sleep
• Calming techniques
• How to establish gentle, flexible newborn routines now to shape healthy sleep habits later
• Coping strategies for sleep deprived parents
• Creating a sleep friendly- sleep space (review current sleep space and make suggestions)
• Filtering out myths and “advice”
This is an online course with Shelley. We will schedule a time to meet online and make sure all your questions get answered about newborn sleep develop (usually offered via Zoom or Skype).
Be prepared for newborn sleep with a accurate information.